Improved 1.12.2 Cave Spider Farm Tutorial | EASY , ALL VERSIONS

January 5, 2018 by 30 Comments

SUBSCRIBE! PRESS THERE! → https://goo.gl/ZZhTvw
Follow me on Twitch! – https://www.twitch.tv/wattles

today i am showcasing an improved cave spider farm design. this is a really easy to build design and is great for repairing your mending tools.

———–

GET EXCLUSIVE REWARDS NOW!

———–
TIMESTAMPS

Step 1 – 2:12
Step 2 – 2:48
Step 3 – 4:38
Step 4 – 5:11
Step 5 – 6:47

———–
COMMUNITY CHAT!

———–

MORE!
twitter ☞ https://twitter.com/itiswattles

———–
This design should work in all versions of Minecraft. (1.12 , 1.11 , 1.10 ect.) This design should also work on all platforms. ( Minecraft PC , PE , Xbox , PS4 , Wii U , Switch )

if you see this comment “spookyspiders”

30 Replies to “Improved 1.12.2 Cave Spider Farm Tutorial | EASY , ALL VERSIONS”

1. wattles says:

The original design I showcased is linked on the endslide!

2. The Dr says:

Lmao the server I play on, there are custom mobs, so vanilla mobs don't have ai, so basically they just drown in the water cause they dont jump up to attack me lololo

3. I just made this in Bedrock and it works great, but always stops at 6 spiders. Is there a spawn limit now or and adjustment i need to make?

4. MrDucke says:

The spiders don't seem to climb into the gap, meaning that it's more difficult to kill them. I need a fix please.

5. Drew says:

Cool Jams I like that

6. Trident H says:

Trouble I'm finding is the spiders are too low down so I can't reach them, then I go over the top and they get me.
    For people following the tutorial:
    He means build a room that is 9 blocks by 9 blocks (width:height) and 7 blocks tall. That confused me a bit. Like 9 blocks away from the spawner?

7. ImSpecial says:

wattles this design isnt working they wont climb up the stair

8. Got the spiders to come up alright by moving increasing that "trench" to 6 from 5 and putting slabs across the hoppers. Items still go through

9. I'm using this for regular spiders and it works really well. I hit them with my sword. But they seem to drop eyes only when I am very close to them, which is quite strange. This is Bedrock.

10. Ben Yanni says:

Is there a way to make this so you could use a sword instead of harming potions and not get poisoned

I’m in the earlier stages of my world and potions are a bit expensive for me

11. David Bernal says:

If cave spiders work, then spiders should work? Correct.

12. JOKER says:

i can't put trap doors on the stairs
    or normal blocks
    i'm on 1.8.9 and this is very confusing lmao

13. chopperchuck says:

My hoppers don't seem to be sending items to my chest?..can anyone help me out?..gotten all connected and tested with a torch..but they stay in the hopper it fell in

14. Does this work with normal spiders too?

15. The De Leon says:

Who else is gonna be doing this with a friend?

16. That moment when after your entire Spider Farm is complete and the spiders start appearing en masse in front of the trap doors, you realise the exp isnt coming to you because you forgot to add the water…

17. Gogo2 says:

Works perfectly! 🙂

18. eggshells says:

Tip, use a night vision potion when making a guide!

19. Cruiser II says:

So far the best farm I ever built but is there a way to stop them from climbing on walls in the spawning area and/or spawning there? Not a big deal but can get annoying when a lot of them builds up at the roof.

20. Fire says:

i reallly really recommend having a sweeping edge enchantment on your killing weapon

21. Nyloaf says:

Playing with the 1.13.2 ver of minecraft and I'm using a 10x10x7 sized room instead of a 9x9x7.

I'm encountering difficulties getting the experience from this grinder, every attempt doesnt allow the experience orbs to me without also leaving an open space for spiders to crawl through- is there any solution to this? Standing at the corner when theyre all dead still works, but its inefficient and often gets me poisoned.

22. Marques says:

Dude, this worked perfectly! I had tried 4 others, but some of them were so complicated or allowed me to get poisoned. I am now checking out your other tutorials….specifically looking for an auto chicken cooker.

23. Talyn Clarke says:

ITS NOT SAFE AT THE DARKNESS I LOAT ALL MY STIFF BECAUSE OF YOU IDIOT WHY EVEN MY MUM SHOUTED AT ME FOR BEING TO LOUD CRYING!!! THANKS FOR MAKING MY LIFE A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!

24. Suggestion on making it dark. Dig a passage around the outside of the perimeter at the same level as the spawner. On the inside, use an artificial block (like polished granite or whatever) and only place your torches on that. Then, when it comes time to light it up, go through the perimeter passage and break all the polished granite blocks and replace them. Alternatively, you can use redstone lamps if you have them.

25. exactly for all versions? beta 1.8 does not work

26. Bilal BTW says:

Can i do this to a double spider farm?