August 28, 2020 by 45 Comments

Today I melt down this 16 LB brass nut from a door opening mechanism off a woodchip wagon , these were donated by my mate and they melt so well as long as you can get them in the Crucible that is. Today I try out a new coin that I printed it’s from the game Uncharted and it looks absolutely awesome as well as coins from Fallout and Monkey Island game these things are great and another welcome addition to the shelves and treasure chest.
I normally say if you like the rings shown and used in this video be sure to check out the description where you can get 20% off the already discounted rings using my code and if you want to try your hand at melting yourself you can buy the burner on its own or the whole furnace set up and I can organise a 5% link for you of the total furnace price just email me on the link in the description😁👍🏻.
************************************************************************
RING WEB SITE
Want 20% off then Use the code Dion
This ring company makes bracelets and other things and I will only ever back a company I believe in and these rings are of the highest quality they are absolutely awesome!
****************************************************
bigstackddddd@mail.com is my email if you want a 5% off discount link for a furnace or if you want just the Burner and make your own furnace the 5% link will work for that aswell.

I also have a post office address below in case anyone wants to send a letter or something and I really love letters. Just be sure to add your online name.

D Heighway
PO Box 7192
Eaton, WA 6232
Australia
*******************DISCLAIMER************* DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME*************
These videos are for entertainment only and nothing you see in these videos should be tried without proper experience. These videos are not intended for children.
*********************************************************************************************
My other 250+ videos
********************************************************************
Tongs forged by my Friend Sam on his channel below
Sam Towns, Bladesmith TONG MAKING

Element Cube Casting Video

************************************************

Forge supplied by my friends in Devil-Forge. They sell a large selection of forges, ovens, burners and even the most incredible 5-burner ironworking furnace on the Internet.

DEVIL FORGE MAIN PAGE
EBay Store

****************************************************
HOW TO MIRROR FINISH A BAR
I start with an 80 grit flap disc on my angle grinder then I use my drill with 50 mm round sanding discs . I start with 150 grit then go through the following Grits 240-400-800 Then once I get to the following Grits I use a small squirt of WD-40 1200-1500-2000-2500-3000. The WD40 helps to lubricate the discs and stops the sanding disk binding up with the metal powder . Then after that I use my buffer wheel on my bench grinder to get a perfect mirrored finish on it.

****************************************************
STEEL FOR MY FRIEND
I keep all my steel and cast iron pieces and I give them to my friend and once he gets about a tonne from me and his own collecting he takes that to the scrapyard and sells it then he buys some beer and comes over to my house and we make a night of it.
No My friend doesn’t have a YouTube channel he just scraps metal in his spare time.
****************************************************
#bigstackDCasting
#MeltingMetal
#ASMR
#bigStackD

45 Replies to “Trash To Treasure – 16LBS of Brass Alloy – Coin Casting At Home-ASMR Metal Melting-Uncharted Fallout”

1. Hey there my sensational subs I hope everyone is happy and healthy and had a great week, Today I melt down a 16 LB brass nut from a door opening system on a woodchip wagon that you would commonly see barrelling down a railroad track . I try out a new awesome coin from the game Uncharted As well as a couple more Fallout coins and Monkey Island coins to help fill the treasure chest. I also re-coat both my new furnaces to give them a bit of a spruce up. I will be doing a simple giveaway for one winner very soon and it will be an easy entry you’ll just need to leave a comment , you won’t have to go anywhere else or go to other social media pages you’ll just leave 1 simple comment on that video and you’re in the draw. anyway guys sit back enjoy and have an absolutely awesome weekend👊🏻😁

2. take them coins either way cleaned or uncleaned…nice melt job Big StackD

3. Cool teaching on replacement of the insulation on forges. Very cool. I feel more like a pirate when my coins are clean and shiny.😁

4. Prof.Maniak5 says:

I just found this channel and I already want my own metals shelf

5. Hykx says:

Love your videos dude,if I'm ever feeling down…i say "huh,I could be watching big stackD right now".

6. kevnar says:

You know you could make a serious killing selling this stuff online. Put like a dollar worth of nordic gold into a doubloon and sell them for $20. You'd be constantly selling out of them. I wouldn't even care about the mark-up. It would just be so cool to own one of those. My girlfriend is a huge fan of "the melting guy!". She'd love one of those for Christmas. Just saying.

7. Love from India, BigstackD

Cheers 🍻

8. I would like to thank you for adding non-metric measurements as well, Thank You

9. Is one of the castings The Responders logo?

10. jallsbrook69 says:

Sounded like a okdata printer in the background

11. Time for a small bandsaw maby like the large portable ones or a vertical one

12. Gina Rez says:

More coins gotta love it

13. shiningstaer says:

So my boss couldn’t find his keys to get in this school we’re installing an elevator at. Just sitting outside waiting for someone to show up. How’s Australia? Are the animal populations gonna be ok in a decade or two😿?

14. shiningstaer says:

8:34, hahahahaha. I love he face palms his own work

15. Is there any place I can buy your cast metal item?

16. How long to melt a crucible full on this project. You've inspired me to take up this hobby.

17. Jasonn Coxx says:

I'll go out on a limb and say HALF cleaned

18. Polished brass!
    Looks great.
    How about a Ides of March coin?

19. Will you ever sell your castings?

20. lee gold says:

i was hoping to get one of those fallout coins so i checked out you ebay 🙁 maybe you will put some up for sale that look cool as hell

21. Remove the drass.

22. Rudy Geo says:

bellissimi i teschi ,anche quelli con i volti dei tuoi cani che sono un amore

23. The unclean coins look way cooler like some treasure out of a treasure box that was just dug up

24. "Ingot" and "Bullion" are excellent names for dogs. I love a good concept for pet names.

25. James Camp says:

you should leave a space for a nut in the back of your blanks – so after you flip them over you can thread a bolt into them and pull them straight out of the sand

26. I love your vids, but when you cut up that brass nut I nearly cried. Still watched you do it though.

27. Please make no cash alive coin

28. Please make no cash alive coin

29. You know, one of my very favorite things about this channel is that even though you have a fair number of subs and folks dig what you’re doing, the videos all have this sincerity to them. They haven’t been turned into buy-my-merch commercials or had a crap load of special effects editing added in… there is no sensationalism, no click bait titles. Each time it’s just a mysterious tattooed guy melting anything not bolted down (plus a fair amount of stuff that IS bolted down) into shiny new metal treasures plus some doggies running by and a cold beer at the end. I really appreciate your efforts and your channel. Keep it up 🙂

30. Is there any reason why you use ice rather than cold water to cool your castings down ?

31. rai11801 says:

I love your videos and love when you melt down the melt it so interesting and I will love to the whole result of everything you have melt ed down so far

32. F Clarke says:

I had no idea what borax was used for just that it was until now.

33. I know you've noticed that the surface tension of the liquid metal allows it to concurve outward; my thought is that you might be able to take advantage of this by make slightly sallower graphite (?) molds to quickly place over a freshly poured coin face down (maybe pressing it down), thusly making a double sided/faced coin

34. SaGe OwL says:

4:20 i got the same feeling as when Howtobasics slaps his own leg

35. I literally live in the same place as this guy he lives in Bunbury I live in Bunbury but I m near the waterfront

36. Dean Gestner says:

Do you ever sell any of these coins ?

37. Must be a hell of a door…

38. I love those “Vault” coins.

39. Nunya Bidniz says:

Man, I need to find a better caliber of rubbish bin… Any tips for upgrading my scrounging results, Biggy?