February 12, 2021 by 29 Comments

Hey guys and gals how are all you doing after another crazy week? The other night a did a quick dumpster dive and found me a nice heavy VSD Cabinet . I have the full authority to go through the scrap bins on this particular site which is great as i got a nice haul from this cabinet for sure with well over 7KGS to add to the stack. todays video is another long one but i make sure the video keeps moving and has something going on so its not too boring to watch. So sit back relax and enjoy the video and be sure to follow me on Instagram for some extra content.
Feel like supporting the channel Simply donate some of your time just by allowing the ads to play through this will help out a lot and that’s how I make a bit extra revenue and the good thing is more revenue means more giveaways👊🏻😄. A better way to support the channel is play one of my playlists on your computer before you walk away from it and let it play through that really helps as well but don’t ever feel as though you need to watch the ads if you don’t want to simply skip them and move into the video it’s completely up to you and I understand if you don’t have the time to do so👌🏻and like I always say if you like the rings shown and used in this video be sure to check out the description where you can get 20% off the already discounted rings using my code and if you want to try your hand at melting yourself you can buy the burner on its own or the whole furnace set up and I can organize a 5% link for you off the total furnace price just email me on bigstackddddd@mail.com 😁👍🏻.

BigStackD DUST MELT
**********
Follow me on Instagram for more behind the scenes pics.
**********
TONG AND LIFTER BUILD VIDEO
***************
RING WEB SITE
Want 20% off then Use the code Dion
This ring company makes bracelets and other things and I will only ever back a company I believe in and these rings are of the highest quality they are absolutely awesome!
**********
I also have a post office address below in case anyone wants to send a letter or something and I really love letters. Just be sure to add your online youtube name or email address .

D Heighway
PO Box 7192
Eaton, WA 6232
Australia
***
********DISCLAIMER****DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME*****
These videos are for entertainment only and nothing you see in these videos should be tried without proper experience. These videos are not intended for children.
*********************************************************************************************
My other 280+ videos
********************************************************************
Tongs forged by my Friend Sam on his channel below
Sam Towns, Bladesmith TONG MAKING

My Personal Stamp was Made at etsy.com
************************************************
Forge supplied by my friends in Devil-Forge. They sell a large selection of forges, ovens, burners and even the most incredible 5-burner ironworking furnace on the Internet.

DEVIL FORGE MAIN PAGE
EBay Store

****************************************************
HOW TO MIRROR FINISH A BAR
I start with an 80 grit flap disc on my angle grinder then I use my drill with 50 mm round sanding discs . I start with 150 grit then go through the following Grits 240-400-800 Then once I get to the following Grits I use a small squirt of WD-40 1200-1500-2000-2500-3000. The WD40 helps to lubricate the discs and stops the sanding disk binding up with the metal powder . Then after that I use my buffer wheel on my bench grinder to get a perfect mirrored finish on it??????.

*****

#bigstackDCasting
#ASMR
#MeltingCopper
#MeltingMetal
#bigStackD
#TrashToTreasure
VSD Metal Melt Down – Dumpster Diving – ASMR Metal Melting – BigStackD Casting

29 Replies to “VSD Metal Melt Down – Dumpster Diving Huge Haul 7KG+ ASMR Metal Melting – BigStackD Casting”

1. Hey everyone 👋🏻I hope u are all well and that u enjoy this weeks video. This one is a little longer as I just had so much footage and wanted to show it all! Also I would love to hear any of your feedback in the comments below👇 on what part of my videos you enjoy the most? Melting,scrapping,dog content or anything else you enjoy .Any feedback for future videos is greatly appreciated 🙌
    Stay well and see you all next week!

2. Tim McNally says:

I do love the ice cubed puppies….

3. As an electrical engineer who loves to tinker with electronics I really wish I could just stumble upon a VSD in a dumpster lol

4. Mad Monster says:

Blocks of ice melting and the finished product being added to the rest of the stack.

5. travis scala says:

I definitely love the longer videos. Thanks for keept schedule I really do enjoy this on my long drive home. Much love brother!

6. Had some nice colours in the flames on this one

7. Marty R Hall says:

As a fellow Aussie from WA man I love your channel…strangely hypnotic and relaxing, weird huh…all the stuff you do is great, dogs, beer, southern cross…ice melt, smashing stuff and of course melting things down….but overall its gotta be your camera work and editing that takes the cake…lots of effort and time spent doing that to make this all entertaining…big thumbs up and 10/10 👍🏻🤗

8. Adrian T says:

Bullion seems more territorial than Ingot?

9. in Australia they really throw stuffs like that in garbage ? plz next time keep the shuttle you found in garbage for me … :))

10. I have no idea why I watch you but at this point you're part of the routine and I have to know what happens at one metric ton.
    Edit:
    Ilike to build things and restore things casting stuff is a needed skillset that I have yet to achieve, I can weld, I can even cut and braze using a oxyacetylene torch, I can even do lead body work on a classic car (although not well enough I must confess). your channel is a natural progression of my skillset that I want to learn plus it is setup man friendly too, junkfind, disassemble said junk, melt said junk, show dogs, pour molten metal into a form, polish formed metal, drink what appears to be a Mexico beer (Corona) then put shiny metal on shelf .
    It is a good format.

11. BigstackD: exists

Metal: chuckles im in danger

12. YES ! Friday night again, that means bigstackD with a juicy scotch fillet, fried tomato, eggs and chips, washed down with a Grolsch,
    what could be better than that ?

13. Michele says:

I would love to see the collection you have melted already that you melt it again into bigger ingots and neatly store it, not like coins etc., but like big ignots and maybe put it into a new place, that shelves is going to explode anytime soon from that weight O_o, besides that good realxing videos, imo I like longer videos, but thats only me, keep up the good work 🙂 If I may ask 2 questions, what do you want to do with that collection after 1 tonne, sell it maybe and donate the money? And last one, why some ingots have imperfections, not in these videos but in some others it is a big nice ingot but it has some imperfections and even when you sand them down they still have little holes cracks and etc., why is that? Good luck greetings from Slovakia.

14. The thing I enjoy most is learning about your process and how you make things. I started forging because of you and VOG and if it wasn't for your channel I wouldn't be into this hobby.

I also like seeing what you are up to and use your channel for inspiration of what to make. The Verb Coin is still one of my favourites as I still remember how to do everything in the Curse of Monkey Island and I used to play it for hours with my brother.

15. Denis Moore says:

For me its how we never know what you will be melting. It is almost always different. Keep it up.

16. jdogjerrah says:

We show up for the melts, but we're really just here for Ingot and Bullion.

17. open up electrical cabinet & find a beer! Another great vid! The right tool for the job, is always a hammer!

18. Those teardown are enjoyable to watch 🙂 I would do a lot to have so much metal in my hand – I'm really in need for that in my projects but the problem is that I do not have time to make teardowns so I just buy the teared down scrap 🙁

19. M King says:

Always cool man, where did you get that burner? Have a great day

20. Arnav Pawar says:

I love that you always break the ice with the concrete block after the ingot cools down. But I am worried that it could do any damage to the ingot. I am not sure if it damages or not.

21. Esteban Korb says:

6:10 We see him ! We see him !!

22. The hundreds you use to start the forge

23. Cyberkhai says:

I think it would be unfair to try to highlight only one thing about your content when i honestly enjoy it completely. Maybe it's because i like to do this kind of things too (but in a much smaller scale, using my mom's former job's tools) and seeing your videos makes me feel happy, wondering "ah, maybe one day…".
    You're amazing, pal, keep up the great work. <3

24. For me, I'm kinda fascinated by the color of the flame when you melt different metals, and different grades (?) Of metals.
    ie; coated copper as opposed to raw copper.

25. I love all of it; the strip-down, the melting, the pouring and cooling, the sanding and polishing, but I confess~ I squee for your squishy puppers! >w<

26. Dumpster diving and Dogs and a Day out